Seoul, South Korea 5D/4N Itinerary

Tuesday, December 12, 2017
Seoul South Korea Itinerary

I started the year 2017 with a wonderful adventure. I, along with my sister and some friends, travelled all the way to South Korea to experience the chilling Winter breeze for the first time. I never thought I'd be walking all over Seoul, not in the immediate future anyway. But because of a very cheap airfare promotion by Cebu Pacific Air, the travel dates of which coincidently matched the South Korean Winter months, deciding whether or not to go was easy. You have to understand that booking these promo tickets would require you to make a decision in a matter of minutes since it sells out very fast. So really, the decision to take them were more because of the spur of the moment.

I will be creating a South Korea Travel series which would document the highlights of our trip, but for now, I'd like to share with you our travel itinerary during our stay in Seoul.


Day 1: The Arrival

We departed Cebu City for Incheon International Airport at 5:40pm and arrived at 11:30pm. Prior to the trip, we already made transportation arrangements that would bring us to Seoul. The cold winter breeze surprised our summer accustomed skin. Seoul is approximately 1 hour away from the airport. We got settled in our AirBnB rented room, which was very nice and located in the heart of Seoul.

Dongdaemun Design Plaza

Day 2: Going Around the City

We spent the entire morning (most of it, at least) getting used to their transport system which is complex yet surprisingly organized and tourist friendly. We then met other Filipino's who are currently residing in Seoul. They were nice enough to offer to be our guide for the day. We hopped from one palace to another, since they are just a quick walk away from each other. We also visited the National Palace Museum of Korea. We were going to visit other places within the area but a lot were closed at the time. Please note that this day happened to be the Chinese New Year's Day so it was technically a holiday. This saved us a lot of money from paying entrance fees in the palaces though. During holidays, entrance fees in the palaces are free to all. We had dinner at Dongdaemun where I had my first ever Sangyeopsal and Soju experience (more on Korean food in future posts!). Afterwards, we went strolled Dongdaemun's shopping district and proceeded to see the architectural wonder, the Dongdaemun Design Plaza.

Dongdaemun Design Plaza

Nami Island

Day 3 - Nami Island and N-Seoul Tower

It started to snow during our third day in Seoul and I was glad that it also happened to be the day we went to Nami Island. We were ecstatic because it was our first time to actually experience snow. It made the situation far more perfect since we get to see snow, for the first time, in such a remarkably beautiful place. Nami Island is well known as the shooting location of a popular Korean Drama, Winter Sonata. Our trip to Nami Island was some sort of magical, except for the unignorable fact that we were freezing cold. Brrrrrrrrr. We had planned to go to Petit France afterwards, a mock-up France village that's themed after the popular children's book The Little Prince. Unfortunately, the roads were blocked by snow so the bus couldn't get through. We went back to Seoul and traveled to MyeongDong where we walked up a steep path to reach the cable car which would take us to N Seoul Tower. The cable car ride was not scenic at all, because the snow was blocking the view. The tower was a bit hard to spot because of the heavy snow. It was also way too slippery. Nevertheless, it's an awesome place to visit since it showcases a great night cityscape of Seoul. After exploring the area for a while, we went back to MyeongDong and strolled its seemingly endless shopping streets.

Nami Island

Nami Island

Nami Island

N Seoul Tower

N Seoul Tower

Day 4 - Everland

Day 4 began with us watching Ms. Universe 2016 live from the Philippines. We waited for it to be finished before we went on with our plans for the day. We went to Everland, one of South Korea's best theme parks. We enjoyed the day as kids and ate a lot of food/candy there as well. Oh and by the way, they have a live panda. You've read that right, a panda. It's also important to mention that the snow from yesterday was now starting to melt, just when we thought it couldn't get any colder. Some rides were closed because of the snow. The theme park was huge! We didn't even get to see everything because we decided to leave due to it being crazy ass cold. We went back to Seoul and had a very late dinner at Itaewon, Seoul's party district.
Everland Korea

Everland Korea

Day 5 - Shopping Time and Goodbye 

 During our previous days, we agreed not to buy anything yet since our last day in Seoul would be dedicated to shopping, purely shopping. We started early and went to MyeongDong. We shopped through underground shopping centers, etc. K-Beauty overload. You get the idea. After MyeongDong, we went to Lotte Mart to buy some "pasalubong" or keepsakes for our friends back at home. The food and treats choices in Lotte Mart is so wide. Our flight back to Cebu is scheduled at 10pm so we had a lot of time to go around. We arrived in Cebu the following day at 2 in the morning.

Shopping at MyeongDong

Shopping at MyeongDong

So that's it for the summary of our South Korea Winter trip. We know our Seoul itinerary could have been better but due to weather conditions, we're just glad we made through the trip without getting hypothermia. We're happy with what our trip had become anyway. Once again, separate posts will be created for some of the highlights of our trip. Watch out for my Korea Travel Series!


72 comments

  1. Thanks a lot for the interesting post! Have a nice evening)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing these pictures !

    Nina
    xox
    www.thecrispylipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really interesting) Thanks a lot for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw,I wanna go to South Korea too.Love this post. Keep well❤

    http://jurainspeachyscarf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! South Korea is so beautiful! I would love to visit!
    Nice! Have a great weekend!
    Beauty and Fashion Freaks

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks awesome there!!
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I can visit nami Island too ^^

    torichux3.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks amazing. I like all of the lights. *_*

    Kathy's delight

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you had fun! Photos are absolutely stunning and I'd definitely love to visit *_*
    Would you like to follow each other ? Let me know: shoppingholic-dreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post

    Your blog is interesting!! Informative!!
    ♡Beauty Drugs♡ ♡ Stay in touch. ♡ Love xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the interesting post! Have a nice day)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Despite the chilly weather it looks like you still had a great time! I was in Seoul for just a layover and wish I had more time to explore the city, there's just so much to see and do!

    Jenny | Geeky Posh

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your photos are so adorable! I bet it was so cold haha. Hope you enjoyed your trip :)

    Sheena | http://sheenalovessunsets.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so cool that you got to take a trip to Korea this year! Pretty neat that you saw other Filipinos in Seoul. Seoul looks gorgeous with the snow! Everland looks like a beautiful place as well.

    I know I would be a total sucker for shopping out there! Glad to hear that your trip went well! :).

    exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like an amazing adventure in Seoul.
    I am eyeing to visit it too soon.

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  16. it looks like loads of fun, great photos making me want to travel so much!
    Isabelle x
    www.isabelleelli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute jumping shot! hehe!! <3 - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Omg! It looks like you had an amazing time in Seoul! The snow looks AMAZING! I just went this Summer and it was pretty humid but rained quite often! I definitely need to go for the Winter time one day! :)

    xo, Chloe // https://funinthecloset.com/reviving-clothing/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter in Seoul is perfect. Especially Nami Island. :)

      Delete
  19. I feel like 5 days is so bitin? Would love to visit Seoul for longer. Looks like you had tons of fun though!

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. such a incredible post darling amazing beautifull place & you look so cute keep posting..
    https://clicknorder.pk online shopping in pakistan online shopping in lahore

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful landscape!

    https://styledwithamanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous travel post! You're making me want to visit so much xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for sharing this post. I've not been to Seoul. Great travel post. x
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  24. It seems you had such a great time there. Great post :) Xx

    https://nikolinahajdinic.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like you had a great time in my home country :3 Korea is great in many ways. I've not been to Nami Island, though, and this post reminds me that I should check it out one day. I, too, saw Winter Sonata back when I was into KDramas, haha XD

    Thanks for sharing your trip to South Korea here. It's always nice to read about other people's experiences here.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really stunning photos.

    www.pink-purpledots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beautiful place! I hope you enjoyed your time (:

    CM | XIII.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice photos!! Looks like you have a great time in South Korea :)

    she-loves-clothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Korea certainly looks like an amazing place to visit! How fun! =)

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh gosh South Korea has been in my bucket list, I was so excited to see your post about your trip to there! You seriously are brave to go there during freezing cold weather, I can't take cold, would definitely have postponed my trip to warmer times unlike brave you! I definitely will be looking out for your South Korea series. Btw isn't getting visa for South Korea a difficult process? I heard so from a few, was intrigued how you managed?
    Btw happy holidays!
    xx
    Ankita
    http://realgirltalks.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Looks like you had a great time. I loved your photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sounds like you had such a fun time in Seoul! It's great you had the chance to go, and you managed to do a lot despite it being a very cold winter time! :)

    Happy new year! Hope that this first week of 2018 is going well for you! We've been enjoying the warmer weather with some pool time, as it has been a particularly humid summer so far the pool has been a good idea. Big contrast from your winter photos, haha!

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a long time coming but Happy new year to you as well!

      Delete
  33. Nice trip and pictures, I love the snowy vibes <3

    I am following you via GFC, it would mean a lot to me if you followed me back so we can support each other and stay in touch :)

    Walking Freckle

    ReplyDelete
  34. I will need to bookmark this post because Seoul is like my number one place to visit! I can't wait to read your Korean food posts :D

    Looks like you had a great time <3

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love your photos. It looked like such a great trip! I haven't been back to Seoul since my first visit 8 years ago and honestly wish I had a great camera to capture everything from that time. :) This sounded like a lot of fun, and I'll have to bookmark this for when I go back :)
    I hope you had a great holiday and that 2018 is your best yet!

    Xo,
    Miki
    http://mikialamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. i really wanted to visit this place too.. i see how beautiful Korea by watching K-Drama everyday. :D

    IT’S A GIRL THING
    INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you for sharing your expirience with us!I followed your blog, i hope you will do the same 😄
    https://sweet16blackpoetry.blogspot.rs/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  38. So positive post, love this! 🙂
    Please check out my blog too. That are absolutely stunning photos!

    violaroth.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Looks amazing!

    Would you like to support each other by following? <3

    ReplyDelete
  40. I remember my time in Seoul! I absolutely loved it! I went to all these places too, but how good is the food *drools*
    The Hidden Thimble

    ReplyDelete
  41. How cool! I've been wanting to go to Seoul for ages. Was hoping to visit during the spring this year but looks like work is getting in the way :o(

    Sxx
    daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh very amazing photos, this place looks really pretty
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  43. I've been wanting to visit Korea for a while now and have never found the right time to go. It looks like so much fun!

    Heba xx
    The Heba

    ReplyDelete
  44. I went to Seoul last November, I had a really good time! Looks like you did too but in winter when it was snowing! Myeongdong was seemingly endless to me as well, I already had a lot of skincare so I only bought a few things that I needed.

    Shame the cable car ride wasn’t very scenic! I went to Hakone in Japan recently as well and there was a lot of mist and winds in the mountains on the day we rode the ropeway, so it wasn’t as scenic as we’d wanted either. On the next day it cleared up so at least it was better then!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.

    ReplyDelete
  46. really nice photos!

    http://the-fight-for-a-dream.blogspot.com/2018/01/summary-of-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
  47. Jealous �� Always wanted to go to korea ��
    Abi xx
    https://simple-joys.blog

    ReplyDelete
  48. This trip seems so much fun! I've never considered going to South Korea but you guys made it seem so nice and worth it. Glad you enjoyed it!

    Laura M - http://www.thenoisygum.com/

    ReplyDelete
  49. Everland sounds and looks amazing! and love a good shopping trip on the last day!! So glad you had an amazing time and I bet it was so pretty in the snow xx
    https://lifeofshar.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  50. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Veronica Decides to Blog